A webinar was organised on 16 April 2021 to introduce the project and share its achievements to the colleagues in the education sector. Details of “2020/21 Webinars by IT in Education of Education Bureau – IT in Education Subject-related Series: Curriculum design and implementation for STEM Education” were:
- Introduce curriculum design and implementation for STEM Education, share how to promote STEM curriculum in schools through integration of STEM Education, Maker Education and Social Service Education.
- Share classroom practice, teaching material examples and achievements, and application of e-Learning platforms, including:
- Various learning modes and activities: Share implementation of various STEM teaching modes (such as face-to-face teaching and online teaching), and how to use different teaching activities (online interaction, breakout rooms in video conference, flipped classroom and experience activity, etc.) to increase learning motivation, and to lead students to design products and create product prototypes, etc.
- Assessment and feedback on learning: Use diverse forms of assessment to conduct timely assessment, including written and video proposals, lesson reflection and group presentation, etc., and e-Learning platforms to evaluate students’ progress and provide feedback.
- E-learning: Share how to leverage e-Learning platforms to implement simultaneous online and offline learning modes. In STEM Education, different e-Learning platforms are taught such as “TinkerCAD circuit” for circuit simulation, “Thunkable” for APP development, “IFTTT” for automation and “Blynk APP” for Internet of Things (IoT) development. E-classroom, videos and exercises as well as other e-Learning platforms (Quizziz, Edpuzzle and Jamboard, etc.) are introduced to promote self-learning and make online lessons more interactive.
- Discuss with the pioneering school teachers on preparation and teaching details, and responses to challenges brought by the pandemic.